The game of golf has become very advance with a lot of new innovations. A lot of new things have been added to facilitate the player and the enjoyment level has also grown by a fair margin. One great thing to experience these days in the game of golf is a golf rangefinder. It is a sophisticated device which is used by the golfer to determine the shortest distance accurately. It brings into account the different types of obstructions in the golf field such as the slope, trees and bushes, etc, to give more precise information. Basically, this thing is used for improving the gameplay of the player. There are different types of golf range finders which we will discuss in the next section.
Types of Golf Rangefinder
There are 2 different types of golf rangefinder which are given below:
Laser rangefinder – This type deploys the laser beam technology for calculating the distance from one point to the other. It takes a certain amount of time to travel to the target point and return to the origin with the results. It is ideally designed for the novice users as these ones are easier to use and easier to understand for the amateur players.
GPS rangefinder –This is a more advance type which is essentially designed for professionals and the more knowledgeable golfers. The system uses the standard Global Positioning System technology, which is inculcated with the software that comes along with the deal. This device is useful to measure distance with precision from any point to point, regardless of the need of having the device to be at either of the points.
Features to Look for in a Golf Rangefinder
No matter whichever of the two golf rangefinders you choose, the core features would remain the same. There are a number of core features worth considering and they are given as follows:
- Magnification – The magnification capability is important to zoom in to far distant objects in order to get the results with accuracy.
- Screen – The information is displayed on the screen with all the relevant things in the game. The screen has to be spacious, easy to read and uncluttered to get the best possible results.
- Range – The distance range tells that how far a rangefinder can work to take the readings. This varies from product to product and you really need to find one that suits your needs.
- Ease of Use – The ease of use in the device tells that the product could be operated with one-touch of a button.
- Tournament friendly – If you are a pro golfer then make sure that the device is allowed to be used in the golf tournaments as well.
- Size – Size does matter a lot in this case and you need to have one which is compact yet powerful performance. Having it in a nice casing would also make the job easier for the golfers in the field.
- Waterproof – Golf is an outdoor sport so it is important for the device to be waterproof as well.
All of these above mentioned things are important to know before you try out a golf rangefinder in the field. Knowing a gadget deeply regarding its uses and function would definitely help you a lot in using it appropriately.